SENIOR GAME PROGRAMMER
Ministry of Games is looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join our Trade Town team. As a Senior Game Programmer you will be working on a wide variety of programming tasks such as gameplay logic, rendering, audio and user interfaces. You write high-performance C++ code and you are comfortable working with an existing code base.
We value technology here at Ministry and this is why we use our own game engine. Ministry’s engine is based on a modern component-entity architecture and it’s written in C++. At Ministry you’ll have the opportunity to work with a world class engineering team and creatively contribute to the product we are building.
What you’ll do:
– Programming various parts of the game client such as gameplay logic and rendering.
– Optimize existing features and maintain existing code base
– Integrate 3rd party tools into Ministry’s game engine
– Architecture design for Ministry’s game engine
– Work closely with art and design providing technical and creative feedback
What we expect you to be:
– 3+ years of work experience as a C++ programmer (our game engine is written in C++)
– Familiar with Python (our assets pipeline and internal tooling use Python)
– Familiar with version control systems (Git, Perforce or similar)
– Comfortable working with an established code base and best practices
– Comfortable communicating in English (we use English as our main language at the office)
– Enthusiastic gamer
– Experience with Elixir, Erlang, AWS (our servers run on AWS and are written in Elixir)
– Hobbyist programming projects
What we offer:
– Competitive compensation
– Central Helsinki office location
– Comprehensive health and travel insurance
– Environment that values technology
Send your application and CV to email@example.com This is a full-time position. Unfortunately we won’t be able to consider part-time or internship applications at this time.